Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Today I did my Own Triathlon - Sorta

Woke up and ran 4.2 miles with the guys at 6:00am. It was cold, 48! They wanted to go fast so off I went with no warm up straight to 7:15 pace. Last mile around 7:05 pace.

Went in the house to warm up and get caffinated. Went for a 10 mile bike ride after coffee. Legs were tired and hurt, but they should be tired after last night's run and the tempo run this morning. MPH slipped on the way back but I kept pumping and felt good about the effort when I got home.

Ate like a fiend all day. Had to go to a trade show and buffet lunch with some co-workers. They sat opened mouthed watching me eat plate after plate of food. Gotta fuel the furnace baby, fuel the furnace.

This afternoon went to the gym for a swim. Did 7 X 50 of warmup and drills. Then swam 1 X 1500 at a pretty good pace. My effort is strong but my efficency in the water is poor. Gotta get some lessons and quick.

Scheduled for a 30 mile ride tomorrow with a friend. Should be a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Lori at Spinning Yellow said...

Your comment on the Runner's World forum in response to the guy who said his wife doesn't want him to do marathons now that baby #2 is on the way, totally cracked me up!!

I just did my first 1/2 marathon and am signed up to do the Marine Corp. My husband is an avid triathlete and is training for Ironman Lake Placid again. We have two kids and you sure got this part right: "Oh your training for a marathon allright, just not the one you have been thinking about"

Keep up the funny writing!!